This is one of the easiest soups I’ve ever made. It’s also turning out to be one of my favorite soups of all time. I have a weakness for thai food, and for cream of anything soup, so this is the veganized combination of both of these delightful things.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 TB fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 2 cups Veggie Stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 TB peanut butter
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: Thai basil, green onions, red pepper flakes, sriracha
- Sautee onions in coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add two cups veggie stock and two cups water
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes
5. Transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until creamy.
6. Add coconut milk and peanut butter and blend again. Transfer back to pot.
7. Add chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with thai basil leaves, green onions, crushed peanuts, red pepper flakes, etc.
This tastes like not letting winter bring you down with it. Fight the good fight!